After reigning for a record 129 consecutive weeks on the top of SSL World Global Ranking, Peter Burling left his n°1 place to Tonci Stipanovic . The Croatian finished 5th at ILCA7’s World Championship (Men Laser). That was enough for the Tokyo 2020 Silver medalist to topple the Kiwi champion. It is a first for Stipanovic.
By winning his first ILCA7 World title this weekend in Mexico, French Jean-Baptiste Bernaz gained 30 places to be SSL World n°21. His best ranking was SSL World n°8 in 2016 when he finished 2nd at ILCA7 World Championship.
THE BEST PROGRESSIONS
- 9th in Mexico, Hungarian Jonatan Vadnai gained +46 places to become SSL World n°72
- 10th in Mexico, SSL Team Peru Captain Stefano Peschiera got +38 points and is now SSL World n°86
- ILCA7’s World Champion 2021 Thomas Saunders finished 4th in Mexico and gained +26 points and is standing at SSL World n°20
DID YOU KNOW?
The ILCA7 World Championship is an SSL 2500 -point event that counts for SSL Ranking .
- Competitions are classified into eight categories.
- Each category is granted a number of points to be awarded to the athletes, from 10 to 4000 points – 2500 points at The ILCA7 World Championship.
- SSL points are awarded to account for 100% for the first year, 50% for the second year, and 0% for the third year
- The athletes’ six best results are taken into account according to the system mentioned above (and all local regattas)
- All athletes who complete a round of a regatta included in the Ranking obtain at least one point.